LT
夸克星
文章: 2511
註冊時間: 週日 17 8月, 2003 23:20
來自: YL
聯繫:

Big advantage of doing astrophotography with DSLR

文章 LT » 週五 27 5月, 2022 23:51

Remembering when we arrived at the Holiday Park at the first night, the sky was cloudy most of the time. So we thought the chance for doing astronomy would very slim at that night. But very luckily there was a large area of clear sky in the south direction when I came out the cabin to have a look after dinner. Then went back the cabin and told my friend if he wanted to do imaging. No hesitate of course and set up the gears at once just outside the cabin though the view was not so open.

As the weather condition might be changing very rapidly, I decided no auto-guiding stuff was set up. In just about 15 min, I could finish setting up all the gears and started taking the first sub. After taking 4 subs, I could no longer go on imaging as the sky turned cloudy again.

Then I realized I was still lucky to grab the moment of doing astronomy through the "sucker hole" at that night. In case I did imaging with a cooled mono camera at that night, I would get nothing at that night as the time taken for setting up the imaging system with a cooled mono camera is much longer than that with a DSLR.

So it is not a wrong direction of using DSLR for deep sky imaging, especially when the weather conditions are so unstable. The time taken for setting up imaging system with a DSLR is much shorter than that with a cooled mono camera. That is the biggest advantage of using a DSLR for doing astrophotography over a cooled mono camera I think, though the image quality taken with a cooled mono camera with RGB filters is a bit better.

This NGC3372 was taken at that night at such an unstable weather condition.
Taken with Vixen FL55SS apo + reducer + 100Da in Australia in 2019 @235mm F4.3
4x120s @iso1600, unguided with Vixen non-goto AP mount
Processed in PI and PS
Eta_FL55SS.jpg
Eta_FL55SS.jpg (1.08 MiB) 已瀏覽 976 次

頭像
Eddy So
夸克星
文章: 16073
註冊時間: 週四 04 12月, 2008 22:35
來自: 中男海

Re: Big advantage of doing astrophotography with DSLR