Main-Assembly.JPG
Main-Assembly.JPG (177.14 KiB) 已瀏覽 4863 次

Chanlunlun
夸克星
文章: 3847
註冊時間: 週四 09 10月, 2003 21:06

文章 Chanlunlun » 週四 18 11月, 2010 16:02

Dear Steve,

How big a mirror would you make with your planned machine ?

I had constructed a mirror machine to finish a 30 inch aperture f/2.8 mirror and I can tell you that if your mirror is 16 inch or smaller it just doesn't worth to make the machine.

Reason ? Because you could spend only acouple of days to finish the mirror by hand. It would take you years to complete the machine.

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun

頭像
Steve
中子星
文章: 1257
註冊時間: 週二 15 4月, 2008 22:16
聯繫:

文章 Steve » 週四 18 11月, 2010 16:43

Chanlunlun 寫:Dear Steve,

I had constructed a mirror machine to finish a 30 inch aperture f/2.8 mirror and I can tell you that if your mirror is 16 inch or smaller it just doesn't worth to make the machine.

Reason ? Because you could spend only acouple of days to finish the mirror by hand. It would take you years to complete the machine.

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun
Dear Chan sir,

I am planing to use it for 12" and 16" mirror only, because I am tired of using hand to polish mirror; anyway it could be interesting to build such machine.
In addition, I am thinking of making more than 1 piece of mirror of each size.

Best Regards,
Steve

Chanlunlun
夸克星
文章: 3847
註冊時間: 週四 09 10月, 2003 21:06

文章 Chanlunlun » 週四 18 11月, 2010 17:18

Steve 寫:

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun
Dear Chan sir,

I am planing to use it for 12" and 16" mirror only, because I am tired of using hand to polish mirror; anyway it could be interesting to build such machine.

Best Regards,
Steve
Dear Steve,

To build a mirror machine you need to spend ten times the effort than making a mirror alone. So it is just not worth it to try.

In addition you need a lot of engineering skill in order that the machine runs smoothly. Furthermore you need very best optical skill in order than the machine produces acceptable paraboloids.

All in all you spend a lot but earn little. May be it's better to put your effort and money in somewhere else.

Think twice !

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun

anyone
夸克星
文章: 14338
註冊時間: 週六 07 2月, 2009 12:13
來自: hong kong

文章 anyone » 週四 18 11月, 2010 21:22

Steve 寫:

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun
Dear Chan sir,

Best Regards,
Steve
Dear Steve , 是否想磨兩塊十六吋做巨型反射雙筒? :shock:

頭像
Steve
中子星
文章: 1257
註冊時間: 週二 15 4月, 2008 22:16
聯繫:

文章 Steve » 週四 18 11月, 2010 23:08

anyone 寫:
Steve 寫:

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun
Dear Chan sir,

Best Regards,
Steve
Dear Steve , 是否想磨兩塊十六吋做巨型反射雙筒? :shock:
先做好單筒先, 之後再...

頭像
Eddy So
夸克星
文章: 16057
註冊時間: 週四 04 12月, 2008 22:35
來自: 中男海

文章 Eddy So » 週四 18 11月, 2010 23:20

Steve 寫: