14 inch telescope and Jupiter SEB outburst !!!

自製天文儀器 望遠鏡腳架 赤道儀 杜蘇式<br> 開放式衍架式 鏡筒 望遠鏡配件 主鏡座 副鏡座
回覆文章
Chanlunlun
夸克星
文章: 3847
註冊時間: 週四 09 10月, 2003 21:06

14 inch telescope and Jupiter SEB outburst !!!

文章 Chanlunlun » 週四 18 11月, 2010 16:08

Dear ATMers,

Yesternight ( 17 Nov ) while I was testing a newly finished 14 inch Newtonian I surprisingly "discovered" a very strange feature on the Jovian surface.

A circular white spot was observed situated in where used to be the south equatorial belt (SEB ). What made things strang was that there were two darks jets emitting from the same spot at right angles to each other. My first reaction was that I had "discovered " new features on Jupiter ( I was about to get famous…….. )

I won’t be famous of course. Surely yes the feature was genuine but this was discovered several weeks ago by other amateurs. Bit I though I am still the very first group of amateurs who has observed this feature real time visually. ( not looking at pictures enhanced by computers afterwards! )

Try to look at Jupiter tonight to see whether you could spot this strange feature. One thing - you need a rather big telescope and rather steady seeing !

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun
附加檔案
1.jpg
Yellow arrow - outburst in SEB of Jupiter.
1.jpg (14.13 KiB) 已瀏覽 4381 次
2.jpg
The newly finished 14 inch f/5 planetary newtonian. It is fitted with auto-tracking system for high power visual observation.
2.jpg (69.93 KiB) 已瀏覽 4381 次

anyone
夸克星
文章: 14338
註冊時間: 週六 07 2月, 2009 12:13
來自: hong kong

文章 anyone » 週四 18 11月, 2010 16:35

hope you can find it again tonight ! :)

頭像
Steve
中子星
文章: 1257
註冊時間: 週二 15 4月, 2008 22:16
聯繫:

文章 Steve » 週四 18 11月, 2010 16:47

Great!
Hope that I can see it with my Meade 8 SCT tonight... :)

頭像
funoooo
夸克星
文章: 7831
註冊時間: 週五 30 6月, 2006 16:34
聯繫:

文章 funoooo » 週四 18 11月, 2010 17:24

JMI 电動版。鏡神以後打算出 14寸代替 16寸去 PTC 嗎?

Chanlunlun
夸克星
文章: 3847
註冊時間: 週四 09 10月, 2003 21:06

文章 Chanlunlun » 週四 18 11月, 2010 17:51

funoooo 寫:JMI 电動版。鏡神以後打算出 14寸代替 16寸去 PTC 嗎?
Dear Boss Funooo,

No ! This telescope is designed for just viewing the moon and planets. It's not for deep sky. It's working power starts from 360X.

The 16 inch PTC telescope is just for used in PTC. It's designed for Deep Sky. Its power starts from 140X.

So you'll never see this 14 inch JMI scope at PTC.

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun

BossKwan
中子星
文章: 1254
註冊時間: 週五 01 10月, 2004 03:07

Re: 14 inch telescope and Jupiter SEB outburst !!!

文章 BossKwan » 週四 18 11月, 2010 18:28

Chanlunlun 寫:Dear ATMers,

Yesternight ( 17 Nov ) while I was testing a newly finished 14 inch Newtonian I surprisingly "discovered" a very strange feature on the Jovian surface.

A circular white spot was observed situated in where used to be the south equatorial belt (SEB ). What made things strang was that there were two darks jets emitting from the same spot at right angles to each other. My first reaction was that I had "discovered " new features on Jupiter ( I was about to get famous…….. )

I won’t be famous of course. Surely yes the feature was genuine but this was discovered several weeks ago by other amateurs. Bit I though I am still the very first group of amateurs who has observed this feature real time visually. ( not looking at pictures enhanced by computers afterwards! )

Try to look at Jupiter tonight to see whether you could spot this strange feature. One thing - you need a rather big telescope and rather steady seeing !

Best regards
Chan Yuk Lun
I won't wonder you are about to get famous, you have been always famous in ours mind..... :lol:
.... your couple, the 16" makes brothers in PTC how enjoyable. :lol:

I feel more interested in your new 14" Dobsonian, looks more than functional and featuring folding frame and some electronic devices providing helps on hopping stars and tracking ... :)

回覆文章

回到「自製天文儀器 diy Astro Equipment」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 25 位訪客