頭像
elton
中子星
文章: 1110
註冊時間: 週日 17 8月, 2003 12:33

One shutter cable controls two DSLR?

文章 elton » 週一 09 8月, 2010 10:12

Hello,

I have both 350D and 400D which uses the identical connector (should be 2.5 mm headphone plug).

I can use my electronic shutter cable to control both individually.

What do you think about the possibility of using headphone splitter (1 to 2, this is a little piece of cable that e.g. 1 MP3 player could use two headphones simultaneously) + female-to-male converter...

I intended to use both 350D and 400D in Hokkaido in coming days... please comment.

Thanks in advance!!!

b. rgds
Elton

頭像
wtyu21
夸克星
文章: 5933
註冊時間: 週三 30 5月, 2007 04:18
來自: HKCHN

文章 wtyu21 » 週一 09 8月, 2010 12:56

Canon機有無紅外線遙控架?如有能否一按鍵遙控兩部機? :roll:

頭像
鄧登凳
夸克星
文章: 9493
註冊時間: 週一 03 8月, 2009 17:15
來自: 3rd planet of solar system

Re: One shutter cable controls two DSLR?

文章 鄧登凳 » 週一 09 8月, 2010 13:07

elton 寫:Hello,

I have both 350D and 400D which uses the identical connector (should be 2.5 mm headphone plug).

I can use my electronic shutter cable to control both individually.

What do you think about the possibility of using headphone splitter (1 to 2, this is a little piece of cable that e.g. 1 MP3 player could use two headphones simultaneously) + female-to-male converter...

I intended to use both 350D and 400D in Hokkaido in coming days... please comment.

Thanks in advance!!!

b. rgds
Elton
Dear Elton,

I don't think so. If you have a multimeter, you can measure the "headphone jacket" and there is a voltage accross the two terminals.

If the above is correct and you connect the two cameras in parallel, you are at the same time connecting the two batteries of the cameras in parallel which will cause draining of charge if the batteries are not perfectly balanced.

If really two cameras are to be controlled by the same timer, two isolated relays are needed.

I would rather buy an extra timer. :wink:

Just my $0.02.

Regards,
Tang

回覆文章

回到「天文攝影 Astrophotography」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 50 位訪客